Summer is here and I am loving this sunshine! What pairs perfectly with sunshine? Lemonade, of course. If you’re like me and you’re not a fan of the sugary store bought lemonade, or you’re just looking for a healthier alternative, this lemonade will more than exceed your expectations! Naturally sweetened with local honey, this fresh lemonade is the perfect treat for those hot days and sweet, summer evenings.
- 5-7 cups water
- 1 ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ⅔ cup honey
- On the stovetop, heat up ⅔ cup honey into 1 cup water until the honey has just dissolved (do not boil)
- While the honey is dissolving, freshly squeeze 1 ¼ cup lemon juice into a half gallon jar
- Once the honey + water is ready to go, pour into jar with the lemon juice and stir
- Add 5-7 cups cold water into the jar, or more or less depending on how diluted you want it
That’s it! Super easy and insanely refreshing.
*Store in a jar in the fridge for up to a week (although, you'll definitely finish it up before then, its too good)
I would love to know if you tried this lemonade recipe or if you have your own you’ve been making! Leave a comment, or find me on Instagram @ashlynbradbury :)